Computer Information Systems Program Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Associates of Applied Science in Computer and Information Systems will be able to:
- Apply information systems knowledge for the purpose of increasing profitability, quality, and process automation within a business environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of information systems emerging technologies, trends and risks pertaining to both business and social environments.
- Effectively communicate, document, and meet customer requirements.
- Use network concepts and terminology to communicate with vendors and users.
- Understand team dynamics while practicing effective communication, project management, and resource management skills.
- Model the habits of a continuous life-long learner as it pertains to existing and emerging technologies.
Students who successfully complete the Associates of Applied Science: Networking Option will be able to:
- Design, implement and maintain network infrastructures for businesses benefiting from both local and Internet technologies.
- Successfully plan, execute, and manage the most current version of both the Windows server and Windows clients operating systems for small to mid-sized businesses.
- Leverage Cisco technologies for use in routing, analyzing, and securing data over local, wide and wireless networks.
Web Development / Database
Students who successfully complete the Associates of Applied Science: Web Development / Database Option will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the purpose, audience, and needs for a website/database solution.
- Successfully design and create a database based on business requirements.
Students who successfully complete the Associates of Applied Science: Desktop Support option will be able to:
- Proficiently install, upgrade, and troubleshoot desktop hardware, operating systems, and standard productivity software.
- Use logical pathways and Internet resources to quickly troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues.
- Provide basic training to end-users in an effort to increase return on software investments.
Computer Aided Drafting
Students who successfully complete the Associates of Applied Science: Computer Aided Drafting option will be able to:
- Integrate fundamental theoretical and conceptual considerations in design process and problem solving.
- Present professional demeanor and attitude individually and collectively as a team member.
- Recognize and follow professional protocol for industry standards appropriate to course level.
- Demonstrate cogent oral, written, drafting and computational skills appropriate to the course content and course level.