Adult Basic Skills
Spring Classes are now closed for registration.
Please check back late May 2013 for information about possible Summer Term classes.
Welcome to Adult Basic Skills at COCC!
- Do you need to earn a high school diploma or GED for college financial aid or to get a job?
- Have you moved to the United States and want to improve your English?
- Is it time to improve your basic reading, writing, and math skills to prepare for college or a better job?
- Are you still in high school and want to make up a course or get ahead on credits to graduate early?
If your answer is "Yes!" to any of these, then Adult Basic Skills is here to help you meet your goals. Classes are available in Bend, Madras, Prineville, Redmond and Warm Springs beginning in September.
How do you find the answer to your question? Go to Programs to find one that best fits your goals.
Are you 16 or 17 years old?
If so, you must be released from your high school (or Education Service District if being home schooled), before you can register in classes. Follow the steps below before going to Orientation.
1. Pick up an Intent to Enroll Form at any COCC Campus. A college staff person will fill in COCC's portion and sign it.
2. Take the Intent to Enroll Form to the high school counseling office where you attended, or take it to the school district office where you live (or ESD if home schooling).
3. Give the staff member your Intent to Enroll form and ask for an Exemption from Compulsory Education form. The high school principal or building administrator must sign it along with you and a parent.
4. Take the signed Exemption form with you to Orientation in Bend, Redmond, or Madras, or if you live in Prineville or Warm Springs, take it to the first day of class.