65 Plus Tuition Waiver
Students 65 years of age and older are eligible for a tuition waiver for COCC credit classes based on the following conditions:
- The student must be 65 years old or older at the beginning of the term in which the course is offered.
- The tuition waiver is for COCC credit classes only and is not valid for Community Learning classes.
- The "65+ Tuition Waiver" is valid for eight or fewer credits per term. (Classes may vary from each other with the number of credits associated with them).
- The student must audit the course(s) which means the course will not be apply towards a certificate/degree program.
- The student must have a current term application on file in order to register. The application deadline is the Wednesday before the term begins. (Under certain circumstances, COCC may close admission prior to this deadline. Students are encouraged to apply early.)
- Students may only add courses during the first two weeks of the term and there must be available seat space in the course(s).
- Instructor permission is required on a registration (add/drop) form available in the Enrollment Services Office at all COCC campuses.
- Students must register in person and complete a tuition waiver form (also available in the Enrollment Services Office at all COCC campuses) at that time. Students must show photo identification that includes their date of birth.
- Registration must be completed by the tuition payment deadline (second Friday of the term). The tuition waiver is valid for the tuition only and does not cover any associated fees (application fee, student fees, course fees, etc.). All fees must be paid in full EACH term by the tuition due date to avoid late payment fees. All late payment fees incurred are the responsibility of the student.