COCC's core themes are:Transfer and Articulation, Workforce Development, Basic Skills and Lifelong Learning.
Transfer and Articulation
Students will have the academic achievement and skills necessary to
transfer and articulate successfully to institutions of higher learning
beyond the community college level.
- Maximize support services, from entrance to transfer, to promote access and success for students intending to transfer.
- Maintain and strengthen student opportunities to make progress toward degree completion and/or transfer.
- Provide students a high-quality general education.
Students will be prepared for employment through the acquisition of
knowledge and discipline-specific, employment skills necessary to meet
current industry needs.
- Maximize support services, from entrance to completion, to promote successful completion of CTE programs.
- Deliver CTE curricula that meets current industry standards.
- Maintain and strengthen student opportunities in CTE programs for
students to achieve program completion and employment in their area of
- Cultivate current and future industry
partnerships and assist industry partners in regional economic
development and job creation.
Students will have academic achievements and basic learning skills
necessary to participate effectively as engaged community and family
members, and employees, and to succeed at the college level.
- Students who complete English Language Learner (ELL)
courses will have the skills to succeed in Adult Basic Education (ABE)
and Adult Secondary Education (ASE) courses.
- Students who complete ASE level courses will have the skills necessary to obtain the GED.
- Students who complete ASE level courses will have the skills to succeed in credit writing and math courses.
- Students who successfully complete developmental writing and/or math
courses will succeed in higher-level credit writing and math courses
appropriate to their certificate or degree programs.
Lifelong learning provides accessible, noncredit learning opportunities
to our community in the areas of Enrichment, Professional Development,
Technology and Wellness.
- Broaden lifelong learning opportunities based on assessed campus, community, and industry needs.
- Increase overall, lifelong learning participation.
- Increase accessibility, instructional delivery, and registration options in Continuing Education.
- Support lifelong learning for College employees by designing and advancing educational opportunities.
*Core Theme graphics were designed and created by COCC student, Michele Estes as part of a logo development project in Basic Design: 2-D (ART115/ELLIS).